This post may contain affiliate links meaning that at no cost to you I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using my link. I thank you for your support! Please read my DISCLOSURE for more info.
Woot! Woot! We got an award!
I am so excited to announce that our Simple Family has been nominated and graciously accepted the Sunshine Blogger Award! This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who are positive, inspiring, and creative.
I wanted to thank One Sharp Mama for nominating us for this award! We met through a Facebook support group for bloggers and she has been extremely helpful and encouraging. Make sure you check her site out 😉
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Anyway, there are rules to follow to accept the nomination 😉 and they are”
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog – check
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you – below – check
Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write 11 new questions – below – semi-check…
List the rules and display the Award logo – check
So, grab a drink and help yourself with some vegan pizza and check my answers to the questions asked by Victoria (One Sharp Mama:) below.
1. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Open-minded, motivated, never-stop-learning (does it count as one word? :)).
2.Who is your blog for and what do you write about?
My blog is for busy families who are looking for easy and delicious vegan recipes, like gardening and want to grow their own food even if they have a small garden. We have an older house and have been slowly renovating it, room by room. I hope we can help our readers who are interested in home projects done on budget, as we are tight on budget as well. We are writing about our life as immigrants and hoping to inspire people to stay open-minded, positive and not be afraid of changes.
3. What is your passion in life?
My family! If you haven’t read our story yet, please do! We have gone through quite a few things in our lives, including living in a few countries, our younger son’s heart surgery, loss of our loved ones, but it all just taught us to appreciate each and every moment together! Everything I do, I do it for my family!
4. If you could be anything, have any profession, what would that be?
If I could afford it, I would love to be a stay-home mom! I had my first child when I was 21. I was very happy to become a mom, but I was also very ambitious and wanted to grow and succeed professionally. Later on, I had realized how much I was missing being away from him. I had my second child almost 12 years later, and I still work full-time, as we need my income.
5. What is your favorite book?
It is hard to point at one specific. I love reading. As a kid, I remember getting books for my birthdays (instead of dolls, he-he), as everybody knew I loved reading. However, the Valley of the Moon has left an ineffaceable impression on me. I read it first when I was probably 11 or 12, and then re-read it when I was 16. Very romantic and enlightening 🙂
6. What is your favorite thing to do in your down time?
Travel! My husband and I (and now our younger son, Alan) are pretty easy-going and spontaneous. We may wake up on the weekend and decide to drive somewhere we haven’t been yet, or revisit a place we liked.
7. What’s your favorite television show?
Hmm… I don’t watch any… If I have time for TV, I watch movies (mainly kids’ movies now :)).
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
My hubby and I have agreed that if we won a good amount, we would have donated 10% of it to various charities (we actually do have a list :)). The first thing we would do for ourselves would be going back to our home-country and visiting our families living all around the world.
9. What’s your favorite social media platform?
I have joined Instagram this year and I love it! There are so many talented people around us! It is amazing to see all those beautiful pictures and stories people share there!
10. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?
May I meet two? 🙂 Ellen DeGeneres and Pamela Anderson. Both are very smart (and funny) persons, very successful entrepreneurs, animal protection activists, and vegans.
11. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Going back to question 1 😉 the glass is always half-full! There might be moments when we ask ourselves “why me/us?”, but we need to always remember that life is not just black or white, there are many more colours and shades to it. It might be hard today, but our failures become our learning experience.
Now to the most interesting part – the new nominees!
I like reading other blogs! You find so many ideas and inspiration out there. I also found the blogging community to be very supportive and encouraging! However, I only know just a few relatively “fresh” bloggers who will hopefully be happy to get the award. This is why it is sort of “semi-checked”.
- Dogwoods & Dandelions
- Oh Sew Kat
- Simple Organized Lifestyle
- Design by D9
- The Reluctant Cowgirl
- My Natulal Baby Birth
- Dapper House Designs
- Lindsay Baker Co.
All of them are very inspiring and I highly recommend checking their blogs out. I hope you will enjoy reading their blogs as much as I do!
and the questions I want to ask:
- What made you decide to start a blog and what is your favourite part of blogging?
- What is the one thing that people don’t know about you?
- If you could choose a super power to have, what would that be?
- If you could choose any country to live in, what would that be?
- Do you speak a foreign language? If you don’t, what would be the one you want to learn?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, what would be the three countries of your choice to visit first?
- If you could travel in time, would you go back and change something there or go to the future and do what?
- What do you want for Christmas? 🙂
- If you were to build/renovate your house now, would you go modern/contemporary or classic/traditional, and why?
- Who is/was the most influential person in your life?
And that is all for now!
Thanks again to One Sharp Mama for the nomination!