Welcome to the Week 3 of the One Room Challenge
Hope you had a great Easter! It was so good to spend more time with my family as I had enjoyed a long (4-day) weekend. It was busy, but a different busy. Do you know what I mean? We have been working on our One Room Challenge Master Bedroom renovations here, trying to fit in other projects in between as well. I will be sharing them with you later 🙂 Now, are you ready to dive into Week 3 of the One Room Challenge?
Hint: If you click on the ORC logo below (after you read my post of course!), it will take you to the page with all those beautiful projects 🙂
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Here is a quick update on what we have done this week
- painted walls. The colour is Ice Age by Cloverdale (Ecologic).
First, we had to fill the holes, and there were quite a few. To help it dry faster we used a hair dryer. Look what a wonderful helper we have here!
- purchased wallpaper. We will be applying it this weekend. Stay tuned 🙂
- ordered some lighting fixtures. Yaaay! It looks like one of the items will be arriving next week, but the other one is being back-ordered. I have ordered them online and really hope they will be the right ones for our design.
Hunting for good stuff
The last two weeks we have visited many stores both in Canada and the US looking for interesting finds for our project. I have browsed tonnes of websites selling wallpaper, lighting fixtures, rugs, and bedding. The worst part of it is when you see something you like, and you convince yourself to go home and “think about it”. The next day you go back to the store as you really feel like you need to get that something. And
It Is Gone.
Can you feel my pain???
I really liked a painting I saw at Homesense (a retailer that sells a brand home and fashion products for a discounted price). Now it is gone. I was able to find something else, but it is not the same. Anyway, we are keeping it, and I will be showing it at the final reveal.
- paint the doors (week 4)
- apply wallpaper (week 4)
- replace the lighting (week 5)
- decorate (is this one your favourite on the list? – week 5 and 6)
This is it for now. Share your tips on a wallpaper application or your favourite stores for decor shopping in the comments.