Delicious Vegan Eggplant Relish - Canning Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil (we use sunflower oil)
- 3 large eggplants ~2 kg or 4.4 lbs
- 2 large onions
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 lbs tomatoes ~0.5 kg
- 3-4 garlic cloves (we love garlic)
- 1 tbsp coarse salt (start with 1/2 tbsp and add more if needed)
- 1 tsp ground coriander and cumin mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3-4 tbsp vinegar or 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 hot peppers of your choice
Chop the vegetables. Puree tomatoes with garlic and hot peppers (optional)Add oil and veggies to the cooking pot and cook them on medium heat for an hour. Fill the sterilized jars with relish and seal.Enjoy!